Thursday 8 September 2016

The Kanye West and Taylor swift Beef (PART 2)

So in the last post I introduced the  KanTay Swift drama to you and gave you a bit of background information on the situation. In this post I will just be extending you knowledge of the King of all Beefs!

September 15, 2009
Kanye appears on The Jay Leno Show, admitting "It was rude, period. I don't try to justify it, 'cause I was in the wrong. Dealing with the fact that I hurt someone or took anything away, you know, from a talented artist – or from anyone – because I only wanted to help people. My entire life, I've only wanted to do and give something that I felt was right and I immediately knew in this situation that it was wrong."
Meanwhile, Taylor addresses the incident on The View: "My overall thought process was something like: 'Wow, I can't believe I won, this is awesome, don't trip and fall, I'm gonna get to thank the fans, this is so cool. Oh, Kanye West is here. Cool haircut. What are you doing there?' And then, 'Ouch.' And then, 'I guess I'm not gonna get to thank the fans.'" She also confirms that Kanye has not reached out to her to apologise.
Following her appearance on The View, Kanye calls Taylor personally to apologise. "He was very sincere in his apology, and I accepted that apology," she said.

September 4, 2010
Kanye apologises publicly via the then-exciting-and-new social media platform of Twitter: "I'm sorry, Taylor," he wrote. "We're both artists, and the media and managers are trying to get between us. She deserves the apology more than anyone. Thank you [Twitter co-founders] Biz Stone and Evan Williams for creating a platform where we can communicate directly." During the heartfelt barrage of tweets, Kanye also reveals he's written a song for Taylor.
September 12, 2010
… But before we ever get to hear Kanye's song about Taylor, she releases one about him. At the 2010 VMAs, Taylor marks the one-year anniversary of the Kanye fiasco with a barefoot performance of her brand new song 'Innocent', which includes the lyrics "Who you are is not what you did / You're still an innocent." While fairly vague, most critics take the lyrics as a tacit blend of forgiveness and revenge, with The New York Times labeling the song "an extremely savvy insult masquerading as the high road

November 2010
Kanye backtracks on his apology in several separate interviews, claiming that interrupting Taylor was "selfless" and not arrogant on his part, because she didn't deserve to win the award. "Taylor never came to my defense at any interview," he complained, accusing Swift of exploiting the incident for publicity.

3 May 2011
Taylor and Kanye have at least publicly buried the hatchet. On the red carpet, at the Met Costume Institute Gala, "the two exchanged a casual, "down low" high five", but it's clear things are still strained.

11 June, 2013
Kanye all-but officially takes back his apology, telling The New York Times  that he only apologized in the first place because he'd caved to peer pressure. "I don't have one regret," he says of the VMAs incident.

Hectic, hey? Well, I'mma give you time to process that! 
What do you think roomies? Who's side are you on? What do you think will happen next?  We'll find out next time on The Shade Room 

No comments:

Post a Comment